Look at Heidi Klum, one of the hottest supermodels in the world. Whether she’s wearing her hair straight or uber sexy with curls, it’s always full of volume. Yes, luscious hair has always been a symbol of beauty.
I do love voluminous hair and always try to achieve this with blowdrying, root perm and using thickening shampoo and hair products. Well, unfortunately for me I have been faced with a hair loss problem lately. I wonder if it’s stress related or perhaps my diet and general lifestyle. Having not a lot of hair to begin with plus this case of hair fall is worrying at my age. In any case, I decided to do something about it. Popping some supplements did cross my mind until a little birdy who used to work at Beijing 101 recommended me to try Kaminimoto Hair Growth Tonic.
Kaminomoto is a leading manufacturer of hair care products in Japan since 1908.
- Hinokitiol (Hinoki-extract) – Antiseptic function, prevents dandruff & itching, activates cell function of scalp & hair roots
- Thyme extract – Controls sebaceous glands with astringent & prevents dandruff & itching with antiseptic
- Sophora Radix (Kujin extract) – Promotes blood circulation and activates cell function of scalp and hair roots. Helps hair growth.
- Neo-Takanal – Prevents dandruff and itching, keeps bacteria from increasing on scalp
- Capsicum Frutescens – Stimulate blood circulation
- Calcium Pantothenate – Suppress inflammation of scalp
- Pyridoxine HCl – Control sebaceous glands
You realise they have more than one active ingredient for a particular benefit.
- Sprinkle a generous amount onto scalp twice a day (I use only after I wash my hair and about 4-5 times a week)
- Massage with fingertips to work in the solution (Most definitely but just a gentle rub)
- Treatment should be applied more generously before bedtime to work with scalp’s natural nourishing properties while you sleep (yes, I use this at night mostly)
- Applying an appropriate amount regularly over a long time is more effective than applying a large amount once
- It is important to keep scalp clean in order to prevent falling out of hair so please shampoo at least once every 2-3 days (erh, I wash my hair daily)
This product contains alcohol and has a cooling sensation after application which I like, just remember not to do it when the a/c is on. It smells a little medicinal which I expected after seeing the ingredients but the smell doesn’t affect me. I’m almost through with my first bottle and I will purchase another as I’m seeing some results such as less hair fall. My scalp is also healthier cos it’s less greasy at the end of the day and I feel it’s alot cleaner than before.
Retails for SGD 19.30, 150ml @ Watsons